Join us for the 2021 SIA New York Intergroup In-Person Retreat!
Register for a fee of $50. Your non-refundable registration fee helps to support the retreat. It is separate from the cost of lodging and the day tripper fee (for those staying offsite and having meals).
Scroll down to review Event Details. When you're ready to register, return to the top of this page and select "1" for the type of registration you request and then "Checkout Now" to continue.
Zoom access to some retreat workshops and activities
This year's retreat would like to be shared with non-local (to New York City Area members) via Zoom, however we don't currently have the service members needed to make this happen. If you are interested, please indicate so on the registration form. We particularly need a chair of the virtual retreat programming and technology, and at least 2 on-site volunteers to coordinate for Zoom transmission. Several people have already volunteered as Zoom hosts. Please stay tuned for more information on the Zoom program. Zoom-only participants will be asked to register and contribute a to be determined registration fee.
Covid-10 Coronavirus Safety Guidelines
We recognize there is nothing we can do that is 100% risk free. The health and safety policy is intended to enable unvaccinated individuals to attend the event in a way that will keep them and other people safe. It is guided by current CDC principles for what is safest and for protecting those at risk.
Attendees of this event have two options in order to keep the environment safe from the disease and variants:
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two weeks since your last required shot). Submit photo of vaccine card during registration.
- If unvaccinated:
- Submit results from a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival at the event
- Agree to self-quarantine (for protocols see CDC FAQS) between taking the test and arriving at the event, including taking reasonable precautions while traveling to the event
- Agree to wear masks in all indoor spaces as well as any close physical contact activities outdoors
- Additionally, unvaccinated people are required to stay on retreat grounds until leaving the event, as a safety precaution since there won’t be adequate time to get retested before returning.
Starts: Friday 3 PM
Ends: Sunday 3 PM
(Early arrival without meals is offered for the night of Thursday: See below for details)
- Great participant led workshops and events
- Ample time for fellowship and relaxation
- A quiet, rural setting with multiple lodging options, though because of water damage, there will be fewer single room options this year
- Fun and Creativity: Talent and art show, relaxation corner, healing circles, swimming pool open on two of the days TBD
- Optional art projects, yoga classes, meditation, movies, campfires, hiking (be prepared for prevention of tick bites)
Lodging and Meals
Room options at the Olmsted Center include a limited amount of singles (bath shared), shared doubles, cabins with safe-distanced beds (segregated by gender if numbers permit), shared platform tents, and you can also bring your own tent and stay onsite. For a description of the housing options and additional details, click on the Retreat Information Packet link below. Register early to ensure your housing selection. Single rooms go fast. If you wish to stay offsite, refer to the Retreat Information Packet below for a listing of nearby hotels.
Indicate your housing preference when you register for the retreat from the options offered, as well as your preferred meal plan. Meals can be added on once the lodging option has been selected. It will not be possible to wait and pay in-person at the retreat due to contractual obligations.
Group meals will be provided for those who select meals as part of their registration. We now have options to stay or come for the day and not request food. Please see the Retreat Information Packet. You will be able to provide details regarding food allergies and restrictions on the registration form accessed from the "Checkout Now" button above.
Day Tripper Fee is the $50 registration fee, and covers day use of the retreat facilities. Onsite meals and snacks can be added for $60 a day for those not staying onsite.
Lodging Cancellation Policy (applies only to lodging; does not apply to separate non-refundable registration fee): Lodging cancelled prior to Aug. 1 will be refunded in full; cancellations between Aug. 1 - 7 will be refunded 50% unless there is someone else to take the room; cancellations after Aug. 7th will not receive a refund unless there is someone else to take the room. If there is someone else to take a room, lodging will be refunded in full.
Early Arrival Option
Arrive Thursday evening for additional fellowship and relaxation. Early check in can be added once the lodging option has been selected.
- Food will not be provided, so attendees are expected to provide their own food for dinner Thursday, snacks and breakfast/lunch Friday.
Additional cost specific to the early arrival option is included in the registration forms, and the option can be added once the 2-day lodging option has been selected. Early arrivals are asked to provide their own food.
Non-refundable Registration Fee
Your non-refundable registration fee helps to financially support SIA and annual retreat costs. It is not applied toward your lodging (or day-tripper) fees which are separate costs determined by the retreat center which we pass along without a mark-up
Each registration fee, as well as housing and meals will include the added cost of payment processing which is 1.9% +$1.50.
Though there is not a scholarship fund for this year, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the SIA New York Intergroup 2022 Retreat Scholarship Fund, which we are initiating now. There also will be fund-raising activities for next year's scholarships at this year's retreat.
Please contribute to a scholarship fund for next year's 2022 retreat in the contribution area of the registration form.